Registered Nurse - Night Shift - 48 hours per pay - Surgical Unit - Union Hospital - Sign On Bonus Available!
ChristianaCare Health System
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Internal Number: JR62018
ChristianaCare, a healthcare organization with 1100 beds between two Magnet(r) recognized hospitals (Christiana and Wilmington) and the only Level 1 Trauma service on the East Coast corridor between Philadelphia and Baltimore. Honored repeatedly as "One of America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report!
HIGHLIGHTS Three time Recognized as Magnet Status Hospitals (Christiana & Wilmington)
Growth Opportunities defined by our Clinical Ladder.
Competitive pay with shift differentials and generous paid time off.
Robust Benefits Package
Come Join Our Team! ChristianaCare, Union Hospital is committed to ensuring our patients have the highest quality of care.
We are currently hiring for a RN to work 24 hours per week on the Evening/Midnight shift for our Surgical unit.
The Surgical Unit utilizes the nursing process to deliver safe, context-dependent patient and family-centered care in accordance with the American Nurses Association Scope and Standards of Practice, which explicitly delineates those duties that all registered nurses, regardless of role, position, population, or specialty, are expected to perform competently. The Direct-Care Registered Nurse is individually responsible and accountable for maintaining competency as evidenced by integration of nursing knowledge, skills, abilities and judgment. Failure to demonstrate competent nursing practice may result in dismissal.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: - Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health and/or the situation. (Assessment)
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the nursing diagnoses or the relevant issues. (Diagnosis)
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or the situation. (Outcomes Identification)
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain the expected outcomes. (Planning)
- Implements the identified plan of care and coordinates care delivery. (Implementation) o Safely administers medication and other treatments as ordered by providers.
- Provides or delegates nursing interventions in response to the patient's medical and nursing diagnoses.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the patient and family's emotional, spiritual and cultural needs.
- Employs strategies to promote health and ensure a safe environment. (Health Teaching and Health Promotion)
- Evaluates progress toward the attainment of outcomes and revises the plan of care accordingly. (Evaluation)
- Practices ethically.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Collaborates with patients, families, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Evaluates her or his own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statues, rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
REQUIREMENTS: - BSN preferred
- Commitment to acquiring BSN within three years of date of hire can be considered with relevant experience.
- At least one year med/surg experience as a RN.
- BLS required
The successful candidate may be eligible for a sign on bonus to be paid over a period of 12 months.
ChristianaCare Health System is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital admissions. Christiana Care is proudly a Nurse Magnet recognized institution. Christiana Care Health System is also one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of seven counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. A not-for-profit, non-sectarian health system, Christiana Care includes two hospitals with more than 1,100 patient beds, and is a major teaching hospital with two campuses. Christiana Care is continually recognized for excellence on a regional and national level. Our role in the community is expressed in the Christiana Care Way: "We serve our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value."Christiana Care is a great place to work because we value diversity and recognize it to be a core part of our success. Because of the diversity of our employees, affiliated health professionals and volunteers, we are ...positioned to meet the unique needs of our patients and community. We acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness and talent of each employee. Because of our talented workforce we are able to provide a quality healthcare experience to our patients and community. We strive to create an inclusive environment in which individual diversity can be leveraged and thrive. Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.