Registered Nurse Outpatient Radiation Oncology FT Days Orlando
Location: Orlando, Florida
Internal Number: 21039065
Registered Nurse Outpatient Oncology FT Days Orlando
Location Address: 2501 NORTH ORANGE AVENUE, Orlando, 32804
Top Reasons to work at Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Beacon Awarded Unit
FT M-F 8a-5p
You Will Be Responsible For:
Performs properly, legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Obtains or delegates the obtaining of a nursing history. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Completes the admission assessment, including pain screening. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Evaluates patients’ developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
· Performs treatments and administers medications, identifies needs and plan of care, functions appropriately in clinical emergencies, evaluates effectiveness of interventions, interprets and verifies physician orders correctly, investigates questionable situations. Takes clinical and operational direction from the Outpatient Nurse Manager.
· Identifies the need for patient teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis; able to identify individualized plan of care. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient age.
· Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities; oversees accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy, and enforces safety regulations.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care to age specific groups identified in the direct care responsibilities, utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the department. The RN adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.