This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center's strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
To provide intermittent visits to the terminally ill patient and family, providing symptom management, and teaching to maximize quality of life. Coordinates the efforts of the team, including medical, nursing and psychosocial support to provide appropriate care as the patient transitions to the end of life.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1. Ability to perform physical, spiritual, and psychosocial assessment of present and potential needs through observations, examination and interview; assess environment and patient support systems to determine appropriateness for Hospice and Palliative Care.
2. Ensures that a Care Plan is established with patient, family, physician, IDT, and establish realistic goals to ensure continuity and quality of care
3. Ability to supervise and teach patient and care providers in disease process, treatment plan and comfort measures; provide direct nursing measures
4. Ability to evaluate level of comprehension, response to treatment plan and modify as needed
5. Ensures the attendance and participation in Interdisciplinary team conferences to facilitate quality palliative care and utilization of resources
6. Ability to document pertinent information clearly and accurately, according to Hospice guidelines. Demonstrates leadership in professional activities; participates in meeting, committees and in-services to promote agency development and personal growth
7. Ability to be at work and be on time
8. Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives
9. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner