An important piece to delivering exceptional patient care falls on medical imaging, the team that helps with detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities. Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
The medical imaging team at Magnet recognized Banner Estrella is committed to providing their patients with excellent care and service. In your role as a Multi-Modality I Technologist, you will be required to rotate and cover department scheduling as needed and required in areas where obtained certifications apply. This Multi-Modality Technologist position will require certification in Computed Tomography and another certification in one of these following modalities: Radiologic (X-ray), Bone Densitometry (DEXA), Mammography, Breast Sonography, Angiography.
You will work in the ER, OR, and in a procedural setting. This shift will have a bi-weekly rotation. Week One: Thursday 1230p-1a in X-Ray, Friday and Saturday 1230p-1a in CT. Week Two Wednesday 830a-9p in CT, Thursday 1230p-1a in X-Ray, and Friday 1230p-1a in CT.
Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential when applicable.
Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 305-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we've been named one of the "ten most innovative hospitals in the country" by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology programs. Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB), or American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) based on modalities in which they will be conducting work and licensure by the state regulatory agency as applicable. As of August 1, 2019, all Multi-Modality Technologist's hired on or after August 1,2019 will be required to have an advance certification by an accrediting body in a specialty if applicable. BLS certification required
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of Radiologic Technologist experience. Must be actively working in each certified modality, in accordance with the needs of the facility. The Multi-Modality Technologist I will be required to rotate and cover department scheduling as needed and required in areas where obtained certifications apply. Multi-Modality Technol I Requires certification in two (2) or more of the following modalities: Radiologic (X-ray), Computed Tomography (CT), Bone Densitometry (DEXA), Mammography, Breast Sonography, Angiography.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.