Providence is calling a Logistics Specialist- Information Services Training to Providence Health and Services in Portland, OR.
This position supports delivery of scheduled IS training classes by coordinating activities related to logistics; rooms; materials;and equipment for an assigned region (some, regionally based); Partnering with Training Delivery Team to support education sessions; and maintaining infrastructure tools and resources. This position varies from the Logistics Coordinator position in that this position consistently works with a higher degree of complexity –-in knowledge of a particular customer group; and in specific tools and resources.
In this position you will:
- With limited direction, ensure that assigned training rooms are set up appropriately according to standards before classes begin (equipment; signage; maps, materials)
- Serve as a resource for the Training Delivery Team and to the trainer during the training session for anything that the trainer may need.
- Support initiation and troubleshooting of remote training sessions.
- Copy, organize, store, and distribute training supplies and materials as needed, or arrange for the materials to be prepared by another source.
- Serve as a point of contact for students during training, answering questions and providing logistical information. Mentor Logistics and Training Coordinators on an as needed basis.
Required qualifications for this position include :
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year experience in a business or classroom environment.
- Working knowledge of relevant software applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Health and Services - Information Services (PHS IS) is the organization responsible for delivering technology solutions and support to Providence, Swedish, and aligned providers and clinics. The organization is critical for Providence to drive toward common clinical and administrative processes, best practices, superior quality outcomes, a common brand and user experience, and affordability. IS is a service community fostering healthcare intelligence and care transformation. IS delivers responsive, reliable, innovative results that help Providence be where patients want their care, where people want to work, a source of community pride, and a place others want to join.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 152428