Providence is calling a Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Observation Unit, 0.8 FTE days, 24-flex schedule) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Perform assigned tasks and activities according to skill level and patient needs as assessed by the Registered Nurse.
- Support nursing personnel in providing nursing care to patients and assists with providing a safe, quiet, clean, and organized environment for nursing care delivery.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire
- Successful completion of an orientation program or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of basic clinical practices, procedures, and standards
- Basic knowledge of computer systems
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Emergency Medical Technician -B or nursing student
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 153788