About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior. With a strong patient-to-nurse ratio, ours is a Magnet aspiring facility with a Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
The RN Simulation Specialist position implements education programs for several service line workforce needs to achieve successful simulation education and training. Plans, designs, implements and evaluates simulation based learning and development outcomes to support the achievement of workforce goals, facility and regional strategies and initiatives. Provides expert consultation and critique to simulation development.
- Serves as an internal consultant for simulation design. Designs workforce learning and development outcomes which support facility strategies and initiatives. Conducts assessment of current and projected workforce development needs and provides efficient, effective, high quality programs and services in response. Provides guidance on clinical issues for various service line areas. Serves as a resource for policy and procedures, standards of care, and external agency requirements.
- Coordinates and assists in all development of scenarios and training in conjunction with faculty and staff to integrate simulation usage into clinical curriculum. Researches, plans, implements and evaluates curriculum content and sequence. Incorporates proficient clinical practice, safety, and patient centered care in all educational scenarios. Programs, tests and runs scenarios with faculty, assuring that faculty and equipment are prepared for teaching scenarios.
- Directly responsible for the development and delivery of employee development programs and designated learning programs which attract new recruits, retain current staff and improves quality of care. Ensures timely delivery and integration between plan objectives and design in order to obtain intended program impact and stakeholder/participant satisfaction while managing required resources effectively.
- Uses advanced knowledge to execute set-up, programming, maintenance, use, disassembly, and troubleshooting of simulation equipment. Demonstrates and teaches technical and philosophical aspects of operating and programming simulators to staff. Develops a schedule of simulator activities to include periodic review and maintenance of equipment.
- Implements, interprets, and evaluates learning goals and objectives. Implements assessment tools to be integrated as competency measures in all aspects of simulation based education. Evaluates learning effectiveness using standardized outcome measurements. Uses performance measures and workforce needs to drive education plans and learning strategies.
- Manages and leads program development of new systems, applications, software conversions and upgrades, and media integration maintaining partnerships and troubleshooting. Identifies opportunities for technology improvement and integration into healthcare education.
- Conducts regular evaluations and critiques of programs, soliciting recommendations from both internal and external customers.
- Provides consultation for research projects; guides and/or directs process. Effectively translates research outcomes into actions, working with others to improve overall quality and cost effectiveness of patient care.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.